Sunday, May 12, 2013

Motherhood: A Divine Calling

     I just want to start off by saying, I LOVE MY MOM! Okay, now that I have that off my chest, I want you to watch this awesome video and reflect back on the women in your life who have loved, mentored, and mothered you. Think about the many things those women have done for you! Now WATCH!


     So, I have been told a couple of times in my life that often women do not particularly enjoy Mother's Day. Well, if this is you, then I am going to be speaking mostly to you in this post. As it has been explained to me, it is often the fact that women see how awesome other's mothers are and how much they lack in comparison that makes Mother's Day such a drag; or maybe, it is that the expectations of how Mother's Day should be spent are often not met. Whatever the case may be, put it aside for just one moment. You, by the simple fact of being a woman, have a divine nature that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones, so cherish that. You are doing God's work. Your motherhood is an eternal partnership with Him. In my humble opinion, and as the video explained, a mother is someone who loves, and mentors others. So, I would like to add that you do not have to have children to be a mother. Any woman could have children, but in my opinion, it takes someone who is willing to care for and nurture someone out of charity and love to be a mother. For those who decide to take that divine role upon themselves thank you! Our Father in Heaven has trusted you to work with Him in raising His sons and daughters. How great is your call and how lucky are you. I hope and pray you enjoy your divine calling and have a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

P.S. If I didn't already mention it before, I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment