Friday, April 6, 2012

Scourged and Crucified

     Continuing with my Easter theme on this "Good Friday", I am brought to the Savior being scourged and crucified. Jesus Christ had the power to stop everything that happened to Him at any time he very well pleased, but He knew that this sacrifice of Himself was essential for the rest of us. I can't emphasize this enough, Christ was so selfless that He gave His life for us. He loves us so much to suffer the pains of death. His life was made short in order for us to be saved.
     "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
     Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
     But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:3-5.)
     The Savior continued to suffer for our sins when He allowed Himself to be crucified. On the cross, He allowed Himself to die, and His body was then laid in a tomb. I love my Savior so very much and know that I could not make it through life without his redeeming power. I ask y'all to remember the Savior in your lives especially during this Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment