Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection

     Why do we celebrate Easter? Easter to me is a time where I can remember the sacrifice that Jesus Christ did for me and especially His resurrection. Even though I try to remember Christ in all that I do and live my life in a way that shows I love Him, this time of year is especially special. We celebrate Easter to remember Christ's resurrection. Christ did die for us and suffer all of our pains so we could all be saved and now He lives. He conquered death so that we could all be saved from physical death.
     When our prophet, Gordon B Hinckley, was asked why in all of our buildings and elsewhere do we not have any crosses to denote our belief in Christ, he replied, "The cross is the symbol of the dying Christ, while our message is a declaration of the living Christ.” He was then asked, “If you do not use the cross, what is the symbol of your religion?” He then replied "The lives of our people must become the only meaningful expression of our faith and, in fact, therefore, the symbol of our worship." (Apr. 1990 New Era, The Symbol of Christ.) I truly believe that the perfect symbol of faith in Christ is by the way you live your life. It is one thing to claim belief in Christ and another thing to live it.
     I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and cannot imagine what my life would be like without Him in it. I am so grateful for His sacrifice for me of which I could not do myself. I know that because of Him I can return again to my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I can serve Him and teach people all over about Him and help them to build or strengthen their relationship with Him that they may have not had before. He lives and loves us still the same. He is my Redeemer, my Savior, Lord, and King. I know that my Redeemer lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment