Monday, May 21, 2012

Farewell Party

     The Saturday before I left on my mission, August 13, 2011, I had a huge group of friends come over and just chill one last time before I left for 2 years. This really had nothing to do with preparing for my mission but it did show me a lot of the support I have from my friends. Quite a few of those people were people that I worked with as well as other friends from the more distant past. I think the biggest reason I wanted to write about this is because a few of my friends that are not members of the LDS faith came and were dressed as what they thought a missionary was.


     When they knocked on the door and I saw them standing there I could not help but just laugh. I had to get my mom and show her who showed up. She couldn't help but laugh and of course had to take a picture. I am glad she did. I know I have some great friends because they care enough about me to dress up like a "missionary" to my party. It was quite funny. I am so grateful to know that there are people back home that truly do care about me. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to all my great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment