Friday, May 4, 2012

Swim Team

     Another thing I did over the summer to keep me occupied was swim team. This helped me stay busy quite a bit. I rode my bike to practice most of the mornings which required me to get up around 6:30 A.M., great preparation for my mission, and in the evening when I wasn't working. Unfortunately I am not able to swim while being on a mission, so this did not condition me for anything really, but it did help make the summer go by faster so I could start my adventure as a missionary. I included this in my series of experiences because like work this was a great experience in which I was able to answer a bunch of questions people had and what not.
     I was also able to live my beliefs like I do every year by not participating in the Sunday events of our end of the season Championship meet. Every year Championships lands on a Saturday and Sunday and every year my family and I do our best on Saturday to help our team but we never show up for the Sunday events. Without fail we will lose to the team that got the next place up by 2 or 3 points, which is hardly any for championships. This and the fact that my favorite and best race, breaststroke, is on Sunday makes it very difficult for me to live this principle each year because I know that my team is going to tell us at the awards ceremony the next day that if we were there we would have gotten the few points needed to go up a place. With all of that we still miss it anyway and find that it is never as important to us as we thought it would have been. It was great to be able to be that example of living out my beliefs to all of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment