Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wisdom Teeth

     In order to go on a mission, you need to make sure you get all your shots done as well as any other medical procedures needed to be taken care of. Yes, that includes getting your wisdom teeth pulled if it was necessary for you. I was one of those people that had to do it. My dad is my dentist so he was able to do it for me and because of that I was also able to plan it on the my least busy day that summer. It was the Tuesday right after my last swim season ended, August 2, 2011. I had to pray that all would go well because I would be going into the MTC 2 weeks later and didn't want to have any problems. All went well and surprisingly enough there was actually no pain...well, at least until the next day, which lasted for about 2-3 days. I don't remember it very well and I have no real funny stories, unless my family is hiding them from me and laughing at me behind my back...very possible.


     Anyway, the reason I wanted to include this is because this was technically the day that I really had nothing left to do until my mission. I was off work for the whole week, swim team was over, and I really had nothing much left planned for the summer. I was coming down to the wire. I really had to cram now. It felt exactly like waiting for the last few weeks of the school year to study for your final exams. The worst part about it all was, I was stuck on this stupid couch and couldn't even enjoy some of my last few days at home in fear I would get a dreaded dry socket. Oh well, It makes for a great picture...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment