Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spencer's Call

     My best friend Spencer received his nice big white envelope on August 8th 2011. He was just as excited to get his call as I was. He had a much bigger group of people come over to his house to watch him open his call. He was lucky, unlike me, and got to open his the same day he got it. The hype was just as big and when he opened the envelope and read the letter and said South Dakota Rapid City Mission the cheers were just as crazy if not more so than when I read mine. He is also going to be speaking English and he went into the MTC on December 28th 2011.


     Being there for this was so awesome because I was able to support my best friend in getting his mission call just like he did for me. I was also going to be leaving for my mission in just a few weeks after that so it reminded me of how much I still need to prepare to be completely ready to go (the funny thing is I was never completely ready to go). I am so grateful to have friends out around the world serving missions and for the examples they are to me which also gives me the added strength to continue mine and work my hardest till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment