Thursday, May 24, 2012

Farewell Talk

     On August 14, 2011 I had to get up in front of all the members of the congregation of my church and a bunch of my friends and family and give a talk the Sunday before I left on my mission. They have everyone do this who is going to be leaving on their mission. I was asked to speak about 15 minutes on whatever topic I wanted. That is not always a good thing for me because not only do I have to prepare a talk but I have to find out what I want to talk about, and then give it. I had a bunch of friends from out of town that I have met at various times in my life come to hear me speak, wish me luck and say goodbye. This was definitely a hard but great day and really put things into perspective for me once again; I was going on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment